The writing has been on the wall since the 1980s: print media is no longer the favorite. As years have gone on, more and more people have admitted that reading is a chore, while scientists have documented the precipitous decline of attention spans across all demographics. Of course, there will always be bibliophiles that get maximum enjoyment out of reading, but the statistics make it clear that society, on the whole, is trending away from books, articles, and certainly newspapers and magazines.
What exactly are these statistics? Well, one outlet has documented some of the most glaring examples of this nationwide change:
- The average internet user spends over 7 hours a week watching videos online.
- More than half of customers — 54% to be exact — want to see more videos from their favorite companies.
- Over 85% of all internet users in the United States watch online videos every month.
- Digital marketing videos have increased leads by 66% overall.
There is a lot more where that came from, including the fact that over 90% of marketers who use videos as a part of their strategy have reported finding customers from one of those campaigns. With the evidence so clear for all to see, it’s no wonder that Utah marketing firms are choosing to employ videos more in their marketing.
Gravitate One Believes in Videos
The aforementioned data isn’t any kind of anomaly. Businesses all over the country are waking up to the importance of video marketing. But while we have the data and understand what it’s telling us, can we understand why it says what it does? Below are a few reasons why video marketing has taken off so much.
- Videos Make Things Easy: It’s true that when a person reads, they are using much more brainpower to reason through and understand something, whereas a video is like an IV right into the vein. Videos provide direct access and make it easier for people to learn about a product, idea, or current event. As such, it is much easier for a potential customer to get more emotional over what they’re seeing, which in turn can lead to a sale.
- Videos are Dynamic: One of the best things about using videos in your digital marketing is how many ways it offers people a chance to engage with you. Commercials, presentations, announcements, updates…all can be accomplished through the power of video, and in any way that you want, whether that through animation, a presenting host, or a series of licensed clips.
- Videos are Beloved: It is a fair guess that for most people in the world who visit any type of social sharing site, engaging with videos is such a part of normal life that it has become unremarkable. This is because videos have now become second nature to the entire world. In addition to the statistics mentioned above, YouTube has said that on average people watch 1 billion hours of video a day. That isn’t just a preference, it’s a habit, and Utah marketing firms like Gravitate One are looking to capitalize on this new normal.
As far as digital marketing is concerned, people get points for recognizing which way the wind is blowing trend-wise and for leading with creativity and daring. By working with a professional marketing firm, you can explore all the ways your business can utilize video to gain new customers and ensure the loyalty of old ones.