Quality score is one of the most important metrics in PPC marketing! As a measure of how well your ads and keywords are performing, it can mean the difference between a successful and failed campaign—and affect your costs significantly.
What is a quality score? How does it work? Why is it so important in PPC marketing? We will answer all this and more below.
What Is a Quality Score?
Quality score is a metric used by search engines to measure how relevant and useful your ads and keywords are to users. It is based on a number of factors, including:
- Click-through rate (CTR)
- Relevance of your ad text and landing page
- Historical performance of your account
The quality score of your ad campaign will affect the cost and visibility of your ads!
- High quality score: Your ad is more likely to be shown to users, and you will pay less per click.
- Low quality score: Your ad is less likely to be shown, and you will pay more per click.
How Does a Quality Score Work?
Quality score is calculated on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest. The exact algorithm used by search engines is a closely guarded secret, though analytics can give you a good idea of where your quality score stands, and AB testing can help you ascertain which areas need work.
- PPC analytics tools can show you factors that influence your quality score, such as CTR, relevance, and landing page experience.
- AB testing is a method of comparing two versions of an ad or landing page to see which performs better. It can help you identify areas that need improvement in order to boost your quality score.
Why Is Quality Score So Important in PPC Marketing?
Search engines want to show users the most useful ads possible, so they reward the most relevant advertisers with a lower cost per click. This can lead to significant savings over the course of a campaign!
Make Your Ads More Visible
Since search engines want to present users with ads that are high quality and relevant to their query, they prioritize ads with a high quality score. This means that as your score goes up, you will see a significant increase in traffic and conversions.
How Can I Keep My Quality Score High?
If you want to boost your quality score, monitoring the performance of your ads is crucial. Pay careful attention to the following areas over the course of your campaign:
- If your CTR starts to decline, do something about it!
- Keep your ads relevant to your keywords and landing pages.
- Check to ensure your landing page remains user-friendly throughout your campaign.
- Maintain a high spend and good performance history to keep your account in good standing with Google or other search engines.
Utah-Based Business? Get Google on Your Side With Gravitate One’s Services!
If you want to ensure your quality score stays high, you need to continuously monitor and optimize your campaign. This can be a lot of work, and it is often much more time and cost-effective to partner with a professional agency.
At Gravitate One, we are experts in PPC marketing! We can help you create and manage a campaign that is designed to achieve a high quality score, as well as maintain it through analytics, AB testing, and more.
Contact us today to start generating more leads and sales in Salt Lake City or the surrounding area while spending as little as possible on your PPC ads.